Friday, May 27, 2011

We Should Have Named Her Jaws...

Well, it's been far too long since my last blog post, but thanks to school and work, blogging has dropped significantly on my priority list. Today, however, warranted a special post about my dear, sweet Evie. While she has brought so much joy and love to our little family, she also fills our hearts with equal amounts of frustration sometimes.

One of the best parts of my day is coming home to a cute little puppy after work. Evie is always so sweet and excited to see me when I get home from work, and it's such a fun privilege to let her out of her "place" and soak up all the love the little pup can give. Today, however, I turned the corner into our living room where her crate is, and was met with a very different sight. You see, Tim and I have been searching for weeks for a dog bed for Evie. We wanted a bed that was not too expensive but extra fluffy since we've been walking/running Evie so much lately. Yesterday, I stumbled across a Milkbone dog bed at Walgreens for a very reasonable price. It's fluffy, cheap, and is machine-washable. PERFECT! Evie was unsure what to think of it at first, but she looked mighty comfy when I got her up this morning before work.

When I got home from work, however, I discovered her true feelings about the bed. Check out the pics below to see what she really thought of the oh-so-sweet-and-thoughtful-present her mommy got her yesterday. The pictures do not do the massacre justice as you cannot tell how brutally she destroyed each individual part of the bed. Not only is the stuffing everywhere, she actually destroyed the zipper, zipper pull, and inside lining. Despite the fact that Evie basically just chewed up and spit out $10, we still love her and the whole thing actually made me laugh more than anything. The destruction was pretty impressive for such a small pup, but I guess we just keep underestimating her abilities!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment