Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Color Me Pink! (And purple, and orange, and brown!)

First, a little back-story is needed to understand this post. When I was little (probably 7ish) my youngest brother, Ben (a toddler at the time), did the unthinkable and drew a mural of a tree in red lipstick on the white carpet in my bedroom. It's been a funny family story ever since (though I'm not sure at what point it became humorous to my mom), so to commemorate that act, Ben and I decided to have some fun today.

My mom is getting ready to put her house on the market in a couple of weeks and she is having the family room carpet replaced. While I was doing my weekly cleaning at her house today, I was inspired to have a little fun before the carpet was removed. I mentioned my idea to Ben and he was all for it. So, after a quick trip to the Dollar Store for some brightly colored lipstick, Ben (aka "Dale") and I began to recreate our modern-day version of his original mural - right in the middle of the family room carpet.

It's possible that as you're reading this, Ben and I have fled the country on the minute chance that my mom decided to keep the carpet and now is not able to - she would have our heads for sure. But hopefully all is well and we are not hiding out in a third-world country waiting for my mom to simmer down. (It could happen!) So, below are the pictures of the fun that Ben and I had "artistically improving" my mom's carpet! We started with lipstick and when those ran out we had to resort to markers. Enjoy the pictures and if those of you who talk to me regularly don't hear from me soon, call the police.

                    
  

2 comments:

  1. hahaha this is awesome, and I love that Dale is on there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I agree that Dale being on there is awesome! Also love that RMA made it on the carpet :)

    ReplyDelete